I wanted to make something fairly quick and fun today – so I picked Elizabeth Hartman’s free Cat Block Pillow for Janome, which has lots of room for scrappy piecing. For the pillow, you make 10 cat faces and then trim each to 4.5″ wide by 5.5″ high. Then you piece the pillow top together, trim it up and you’ve […]
Happy New Year! I have a few new projects going on, but my most exciting one is to attempt Then Came June’s gorgeous Sienna Burst Quilt. I was drawn to the original image of the quilt because I love the scrappy and faded effect the relatively low volume mixed prints have. So pretty! This is classified as an intermediate pattern, […]
I enjoyed working on the Diamonds on a String scrappy paper piecing quilt by Heather Kojan so much that I bought another of her scrappy patterns: January Project. It’s great to have something to work away on, and that I can totally make from my stash and scraps, and the 12″ blocks are nice and big. I chose to stay […]
My current active project is Edyta Sitar’s Thousand Oaks Quilt (you can find the pattern on her website and in her book, Patches of Blue). Sitar has based her design on the very old appliqué block often called Oak Leaf and Reel, which has a history in the United States dating back at least to the 1830s. Barbara Brackman has […]
I’ve already made Edyta Sitar’s Dot Dot Dot pillow three times, (I purchased the pattern from her website) but now I have the whole book of gorgeous pillow patterns! So excited! I’m very enthusiastic about this because of the variety of techniques featured and Edyta’s videos for Fat Quarter Shop about them. I know I’ll learn a lot as I […]
I bought Edyta Sitar’s book Patches of Blue which arrived a few days ago, and I’ve been working on this appliqué pattern. I’ll post more details next week , but I just wanted to share a photo of my first blocks!
Over the last week and half I’ve made three versions of this pillow: in blue and whites, in green and in reds. My first pillow was the blue and white one. I fussy cut lots of circles and auditioned them together, I ended up removing those that were too turquoise, and kept the grounding colour navy. I used all kinds […]